The IEEE Antennas and Propagation Society (AP-S) is happy to announce a new award to increase women’s visibility at the annual IEEE International Symposium on Antennas and Propagation and USNC-URSI Radio Science Meeting.
The grant is named after our late colleague Prof. Mojgan Daneshmand, whose research achievements and commitments to the Antennas and Propagation Society are a model to promote women.
There will be 12 grants ($1,500 each) annually, which will preferably be awarded to applicants across the 6 continents. In addition to the grant, the Symposium registration fee and banquet ticket are covered by the IEEE Antennas and Propagation.
- Applicants must be women scientists, including Master, Ph.D. students and engineers from the industry
- Applicants cannot have more than 10 years of experience after the Ph.D. degree or 10 years of industry experience
- Applicants must be the first author of an accepted paper (oral or poster) at the Symposium.
- Applicants must be the presenter of the paper (oral or poster).
- Applicants’ potential or demonstrated track record of research. Research potential or achievements will be judged based upon the number of years of experience.
- Obtaining a balanced representation across the 6 continents
- Submit a short biography and a research activity summary no more than 3 pages long. For students, the biography should include the expected and completed graduation dates; for graduated applicants the current work position must be included. A list of published and submitted journal and conference papers and, if applicable, the relevant research-related awards and the research projects and funding.
- Provide copies of all the papers submitted to the Symposium.
- Provide an endorsement letter. The endorsement letter must explicitly state that the applicants commit to attend the conference, present at least one paper and obtain any additional funding needed to cover travel expenses from alternate sources.
- Provide an e-mail address that should be used for the notification of acceptance for your accepted papers to the conference.
- Provide the acceptance email of the paper that will be presented by the candidate at AP-S/URSI 2024.
Applications must include all items listed above to be considered for review. All application materials must be written in English and be combined into a single PDF document.
Please send the completed application as a PDF document via email to firstname.lastname@example.org using the email subject "Application for the Mojgan Daneshmand Grant" by the deadline indicated below.
DEADLINE: March 23rd 2024.
Each grant recipient will be required to
- submit a photo that may be used in an announcement during the symposium and/or in the IEEE Antennas & Propagation Magazine
- complete a United States Internal Revenue Service Form W‑8 or W‑9. Disbursement of award funds will be contingent on receipt of the photo and the appropriate form. All applicable taxes are the responsibility of the recipient. This award is administered in accordance with the IEEE policy on conflict of interest. The grant funds will be delivered by wire transfer.