C. J. Reddy Travel Grant for Graduate Students
The IEEE Antennas and Propagation Society (AP-S) awards several (~4 or 5) travel grants ($1,500 each) annually to help graduate students attend the annual IEEE International Symposium on Antennas and Propagation.
To be eligible, each applicant must…
- be a graduate student (MS or PhD) enrolled in electrical engineering or a related field at an accredited institution of higher learning;
- be an IEEE AP-S (student) member;
- have the endorsement of a faculty advisor who is a member of IEEE AP-S;
- have submitted at least one first-authored paper to be presented in person at AP-S Symposium;
- work on a research project that falls within the scope of IEEE AP-S.
A student may receive only ONE travel grant. Previous award winners are not eligible. An advisor may endorse only ONE applicant at a time.
- A first-authored conference paper accepted for presentation at the AP-S Symposium.
- Quality of research and writing in the brief project description.
- Recommendation letter, with particular emphasis on the items listed in the last bullet below.
Applications must be submitted by the deadline and must include:
- Completed online application form via the link or QR code below (after submitting the form, print a PDF copy of your response to be combined with other items below): https://forms.office.com/r/0uq2AT43Zm?origin=lprLink
- First-authored conference paper to be presented at the AP-S Symposium.
- Brief research project description no more than one page long including figures, if any, with a font size of at least 11 points. The project may be a new one or extended from the submitted conference paper. The list of references may extend beyond the first page. Please include the project title at the beginning of project description.
- Brief curriculum vitae or resume no more than two pages long that includes periods of attendance at all schools, expected and completed graduation dates, and a list of published and submitted journal and conference papers.
- Recommendation letter from a faculty advisor, who must be a member of IEEE AP-S. The letter should discuss the student’s aptitude to perform the research and provide justification of the student’s need for the travel grant.
Applications must include all items listed above to be considered for review. Application materials must be written in English and combined into a single PDF document. Submit the PDF document by the deadline below via email to firstname.lastname@example.org; and cc to email@example.com, with the email subject as “Application materials for Reddy Travel Grant 2024”.
Each travel grant recipient will be required to submit a photo that may be used in an announcement during the symposium and/or in the IEEE Antennas & Propagation Magazine, and to complete a United States Internal Revenue Service Form W 8 or W 9. Disbursement of award funds are contingent on receipt of the photo and the appropriate form. All applicable taxes are the responsibility of the recipient. This award is administered in accordance with the IEEE policy on conflict of interest.
Enquiries on the C. J. Reddy Travel Grant for Graduate Students should be directed to:
Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
Eng Leong TAN
Nanyang Technological University, Singapore